I often get asked what does a nutrition coach actually do?
The really short, and not very helpful, answer is ‘it depends’. This is true, but it doesn’t tell you anything does it? Let me explain…
My approach is very much focused on you and the unique individual that you are. This means I’ll never give you a predefined program and expect you to conform.
The way we work together will be different to the way I work with any of my other clients because they are not you. Sure, there will be some elements that overlap but your sessions will be shaped to fit YOU.
So, if I don’t set out a program for you to follow, what do I do?
Here are a few of the things you can expect me to do:
- support you as I help you to understand what’s going on in your body
- guide you as you discover how to transform your health by making a series of small changes that add up to huge lifelong benefits
- encourage you to try new things and be proud of you when you do
- be your cheerleader and remind you how far you’ve come and how well you’re doing
- be friendly, non-judgemental and kind
- listen to you, understand what you want to achieve and help you to make sense of how to achieve it in a world where you’re constantly bombarded with contradictory health information and mis-information
I will expect a few things from you in return too. You’ll need to:
- be open minded and ready to learn a new way to think about food and eating
- want to feel empowered to take control of your own health and wellbeing
- feel ready to start making healthier choices and try new things
- be willing to embrace positive lifestyle changes
- commit to regular coaching calls over at least 4 months to maximise the results you create
Where does food come into it?
The focus of our calls will mainly be on helping you to understand the interaction between the food you eat and the body you create.
Together, we’ll explore how nourishing and nurturing your body and mind with the best foods for you can be life changing.
We’ll chat about food facts, recipe ideas, where to shop to find health boosting ingredients.
We’ll talk about what you like to eat, and what you don’t, and how you can adapt recipes to include more of the foods you love.
And sometimes, maybe I’ll give you a gentle nudge in the right direction if you feel like you’ve lost your way
I promise I won’t boss you around.
The idea of working with a nutrition coach might seem scary but I promise you it isn’t.
It’s not like a kind of nutrition bootcamp.
When you work with me it’s more like having a new, food and nutrition obsessed, best friend who knows just what you need to help you to feel Vibrantly Healthy.
If you’re ready to get your health back on track, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a discovery call so we can have a chat about how we can work together.