Believe it or not, negative thoughts and feelings have a negative effect on your body leading to all kinds of health symptoms and even worsening of existing symptoms.
Luckily there’s a simple way to turn negativity into positivity that is free and available to you when ever you need it.
What is is?
Studies show that gratitude can increase feelings of happiness, reduce feelings of depression and may also lead to improved immune system function.
It isn’t possible to be in a state of gratitude and in a negative state at the same time. Gratitude heightens positivity and crowds out negativity.
Everyone can practice gratitude every day. It costs nothing and there are no limits – you can do it anytime and anywhere.
Why not try to build gratitude into your day by making a list of 10 things that you are grateful for each morning before you start your day?
At first you might find that you struggle to think of things, don’t worry just start off with simple things.
Here are some examples:
- I am grateful for my bed which has supported me throughout the night
- I am grateful that the night has become day and a new day lies before me
- I am grateful for my alarm clock which has woken me at the correct time
- I am grateful for the hot water available for my shower
- I am grateful for the towel I use to dry myself
- I am grateful for the radiator which has warmed my towel
- I am grateful for the clothes which will keep me warm today
- I am grateful for my ears that allow me to hear the birds singing
- I am grateful to have a kettle so that I can make a hot drink
- I am grateful for the home I live in which keeps me safe
So there you have 10 things you might feel grateful for and you haven’t even left the house yet!
How ever you may feel right now there is always something to be grateful for. It might only be small things at first but by starting to acknowledge and appreciate the small things you will be moving in the right direction.
The most important part though is to really FEEL gratitude not to just go through the motions.
The more you practice gratitude the more you become aware of all the things you have to be grateful for and the more positive you will feel.
It’s a win-win situation so why not start today?
Gratitude is just one of the health promoting topics covered in Foundations Of Vibrant Health Online, a new self-paced online masterclass from Vibrantly Healthy, find more details here.