Sometimes we have all the best intentions but somehow just can’t see the way forward and the journey to vibrant health feels like it is shrouded in mist
It can be like this when out on a hike in the fog, like it was for me yesterday when I took this photo, or when navigating the information overload when it comes to health and wellness.
Maybe you’ve already made some progress but found yourself stuck and unsure what to do next.
It can be oh so easy to give up and go back to old patterns when things start to feel a little uncertain or overwhelming. So easy to say oh well, I tried but that didn’t work and forget about all the progress you’ve already made.
Stop! Check in with yourself
Don’t give up on your journey to vibrant health, try checking in with yourself and asking these questions first:
- Am I getting enough sleep?
- Do I drink enough water?
- Have I eaten a nourishing breakfast every day?
- How many green veg have I eaten this week?
- Have I been spending enough time outside? Yes, even if it’s cold and foggy!
- Who have I connected with recently?
By asking and answering these questions you may just identify the areas you’ve been neglecting and be able to take baby steps to rectify them.
Baby steps you can take today
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier, click here for more sleep tips
- Swap a coffee for a mug of hot water with a slice of lemon
- Make overnight oats before you go to bed so your breakfast is ready and waiting for you in the morning
- Add kale or spinach to you dinner
- Go for a walk, even if it’s just around the block or to the end of your road and back
- Call a friend or loved one for a chat
These are seemingly small but powerful steps you can take to move forward positively and with ease.
Baby steps forward can lead to bigger steps and create a virtuous circle of wellness and renewed focus.
Having an accountability buddy can help too.
Why not enlist a friend or relative, share your intentions with them and ask them to check in with you regularly to see how you’re doing. Having to ‘own up’ to someone else is also a great motivator if you’ve lost your mojo.
Whether you need help getting started on your vibrant health journey, finding your way forward or staying accountable, natural health & nutrition coaching or one of my online masterclasses could help.